Second-Sunday Brunch is held on the second
Sunday of every month from September through June at 11:30 in the
church community room after our service. Bring a generously-sized
dish-to-pass and share a meal with the First Baptist Family. All
We currently have one open part-time position: Children & Youth
Coordinator of Christian Formation Through the Arts and Children and
Youth Education Coordinator.
Job descriptions for each position:
Children & Youth Coordinator of Christian Formation Through the Arts
Position Description: Develops and oversees a coordinated program
for children and youth that offers an array of experiences in the
performing arts and creates opportunities for their participation in
Hours/Schedule: Ten-month position, September to June; primarily
Sunday morning/early afternoon, with possibility of occasional weekday
or Saturday special rehearsal. Approximately eight (8) hours per
month. May be flexed during the month, as necessary.
Reports to: Pastor
• Partners with teachers and Children’s Education
Ministry Team (CEMT) to further Christian formation through musical
enrichment, vocal/instrumental, plays/skits, or dance for Sunday School
• Organizes young people’s performing arts offerings
during worship to be coordinated with the Pastor and Choir Director
• Directs annual Young People’s Christmas Program/Pageant
• Coordinates Children’s Sunday
Qualifications and Experience:
• Committed to following the teachings of Jesus
• Experience working with children and youth
• Background in music performance; theater experience a plus
• Ability to accompany groups on piano
• Knowledge of Christian music preferred
• Passionate about children, music, and God
Probationary Period: April-June 2015
Salary: $1,600 per calendar year
Other Events and Gatherings are
announced in a
weekly email to all congregants. Many standing events and new events
are also listed in the calendar. To see them please click on the
"Calendar" tab above.
What does the Lord
require of you?
To do Justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your God.
Peace to all who enter here.